I. Sexual Physiology
• Sexual Response Cycle
II. Sexual Pathology
• Risk Factors: Organic & Psychological
- Desire phase disorders
- Arousal phase disorders
- Orgasmic phase disorders
- Sexual pain disorders
III. Evaluation of Sexual Disorders
• History taking
• Physical examination
• Laboratory investigations
• Psychiatric assessment
IV. Management of Sexual Problems
- Surgical measures
- Bimodal therapy
- Sex Counseling
* PLISSIT model
- Sex therapy
• Integrative therapy
V. Nitty Gritty
• Requirements for Sexologists
• How to setup a Speciality clinic
• When to refer
VI. Open House
• Questions and Answers
• Course content in the form of recorded Lectures
• MCQ test at the end of the course
• Certificate- Master class in SEXUAL MEDICINE
• Diabetes and sexual dysfunction
• Sexuality and fertility
• Sex and pregnancy
• Sex and aging
• Sexual aspects of medical practice
Learning Content in the form of recorded Lectures
Dr. Narayana Reddy
• M.B.B.S. – Stanley Medical College University of Madras
• Ph. D. – University of Madras Certifications
• A.A.S.E.C.T. (American Association of Sex Educators Counselors and Therapists) Certified Sex Therapist (Diplomate of Sex Therapy)
• AASECT – Certified Supervisor of Sex Therapy.
• F. I. C. (Fellow – International Council of Sex Education and Parenthood) American University
• I. F. : Fellow – International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health
• F.A.C.S. ( Fellow – American College of Sexologists) – San Francisco, U.S.A
• Fellow – Indian Medical Association (IMA) Academy of Medical Specialties.
• Certified Supervisor of Sex Therapy – American Association of Sexuality Educators,
Counselors and Therapists.
• Course coordinator & Faculty – College of General Practitioners, Indian Medical Association.
Official Positions In Professional Bodies
• President – Asia Oceania Federation for Sexology (AOFS).
• Chairman Emeritus – Council of Sex Education and Parenthood International (CSEPI).
• Patron – Indian Andropause Society (IAS).
• Consultant – Sexual Medicine:-
• Dega institute, Chennai
• Apollo hospitals, Chennai
Awards & Orations
• Outstanding Young Person Award (1982-1983) – Madras JAYCEES.
• World Congress Award (1985) – 7th World Congress of Sexology.
• Distinguished Fellow Award (1987) – American University
• Golden Lamp Award (2002) – Council of Sex Education and parenthood International.
• Dr. R.V. Rajam Endowment Oration Award (2004) – Indian Association for the Study of Sexually Transmitted Diseases & AIDS.
• Ramsha – Sirisha Endowment Oration Award (2005) – Council of Sex Education and Parenthood International.
• Dr. J. N. Berry Endowment Oration Award (2005) – Indian Medical Association. – Nagpur
• Lifetime Achievement Gold Medal Award (2007) – World Association for Sexual Health.
• Dr. Rameswari Nallusamy Endowment Oration Award (2010) – Indian Medical Association – Trichy
• Lifetime Achievement Award (2012) – The TamilNadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University
• Lifetime Achievement Award (2013) – Council of Sex Education and Parenthood (International)
• Dr. Navamani Chandrabose Oration Award (2013) – Indian Medical Association – TamilNadu State Branch
• Science Legend Award (2015) – World Science Congress
• Dr. Patricia Schiller Endowment Oration Award (2016) – American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
• Published several Scientific Papers in Medical Journals
• Contributed Chapters in Medical Textbooks
• Authored 18 Books on Sexuality (Two in English and others in Tamil)
• Conducted surveys on the Sexual behavior of the population at the regional and the National level, periodically. These helped the Family Planning Agencies to fine tune their strategies.
• Conducted surveys to asses the Sexual risk taking behavior of the local population. These helped the AIDS prevention Agencies to fine tune their working strategies.
• Presented a 15 years path breaking Nation wide survey on the Sexual Behavior of Indians at the First Asia Pacific Conference of Sexology in 2004.
Conducted Workshops And Training Programmes For
• Medical Personnel – Management of Sexual problems.
• Psychology and Sociology Students – Counseling Skills in Sexuality.
• Teachers – Sex education programs.
• Management Executives – Stress. Management programs.
• Offers Counseling through – Satellite Television (Tamil).
• BBC Radio (Tamil).
• Five Vernacular Language Magazines
• Two English Language News papers
• Two Vernacular language News papers
• Three Dot Coms
Other Relevant Information
• Formerly Adjunct Professor– The TamilNadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University.
• Member – Board of Studies (Dept. of Endocrinology), University of Madras.
• Guest Faculty – Annamalai University.
• Member – AASECT (American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists) International Region Committee.
• Advisory Committee Member – World Association for Sexual Health (WAS).
• Associate Editor – Journal of Sexual and Relationship Therapy.
• Has more than 5000 hours of teaching / training experience in the past 38 years.
• Has been a resource person / faculty member for several C.M.E. programs on Sexual Medicine conducted at over 15 Medical Colleges in the country.
• Delivered guest lectures on “Sexual Medicine – an update” at about 50 branches of the Indian Medical Association.
• Delivered guest lectures on “Human Sexuality, AIDS, Family Planning and Marital Problems” at about 60 Rotary Clubs and 50 Lions Clubs.
• Delivered number of talks on All India Radio. Gave interviews on DOORDARSHAN and other satellite Television Channels on the subject of Human Sexuality.